Friday, September 18, 2009

Look out Kindergarten...here she comes!

I cannot believe my little girl is starting kindergarten.
Photobucket
September 15, 2009


Today is her first full day - this week she has had 2 visiting days (1hr and a 2.5hour)...but today is THE DAY. 9:00 - 3:05...with lunch at school. HoneyPie has been home with me since she was born, with doing home daycare she has been exposed to other kids, but really hasn't had much experience with childcare/school outside of the home.
During the summer I signed her up for a program that was for children who hadn't been to daycare before - she did great. She loved being at school.

So, this morning, DH, Budderoo and my daycare children, walked her over to her first full day - she was pumped. She wanted to leave the moment she woke up. We took some photos outside and were ready to leave...uh oh, it was only 8:35. We were so excited to get there.

Photobucket
DH and HoneyPie before heading to school


Once at the gate, a little early, HoneyPie entered the kindergarten playground...and had to be called back for a hug and a kiss - she was so excited, she forgot to say good-bye to us. She ran back, gave a quick kiss to all of us and headed back in - and jumped right in line. We waited for her to go in and then I headed home and DH headed to work.

I will admit, I was a little teary walking away - but wasn't as sad as I thought I'd be. I am just so excited for her - I think she is going to do great. I can't wait for 3:05, when I can pick her up and give her a huge hug. C'mon 3:05!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment