Monday, June 20, 2011

Wild Rose Herbal Detox - Day Five

Sorry, I didn't get to post yesterday - it was a very busy day...being Father's Day, we had a lot going on and I didn't get a chance to sit down at the laptop all day. We had a wonderful day, breakfast at my Dad's, lunch and the afternoon at my in-law's trailer and the evening spent at DH's baseball game. A really great day spent with a group of amazing Dad's (and 1 Dad-to-be).

I woke up early and was really happy with my scale results this morning. I know that the weight I'm losing because of this cleanse may be hard to keep off once I introduce some of the banned foods, but it's really nice to see a lower number, making me think what I'm doing is actually worth it. I'm really going to try hard to keep the weight from creeping back on - DH and I have agreed to really make a change - to incorporate more healthy food options and cutting down on the many carb-foods we eat (i.e. the pasta that I LOVE so much)

I must admit, I was very worried about yesterday - being away from the house all day. Breakfast at my parents - we had scrambled eggs and fruit - was very yummy and really satisfying. We brought some chicken & beef kebabs to the trailer and had those with some grilled vegetables. DH and I both started to feel off at the trailer - and this was my biggest fear. Having to fight for one bathroom IN a trailer surrounded by our family - was rough! And of course, I had the worst experience so far. I really felt awful! It didn't last too long, thankfully...

We spent the evening at the ball park watching DH's game - the kids had a blast and it was so nice to be able to chat with the other wives/moms for a little while. Once we got home and got the kids to bed, DH and I snacked on some of our new yummy popcorn. He was super impressed with the popcorn from the popper...super good!
Anyway, that's Day 5 done...1 more week to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment