Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wild Rose Herbal Detox - Day Nine

Well, Day Nine is almost over!
Nothing real interesting to report today...
Breakfast: Strawberries, Blueberries and Peaches
Lunch: Leftover rice from last night, with tomato slices and a pear

After lunch, I did feel a surge of energy and decided to clean the kitchen. Did some reorganizing, washed the floors, cleaned the counter tops, threw away all the old stuff from beneath the sink, things that I had been neglecting since starting the cleanse. I had just been feeling so tired and worn down that the housework had definitely been neglected. Hopefully, the energy will stick around so I can get a bit more done before our busy next week.

Dinner: Meatloaf (found a detox-friendly recipe online, Baked potatoes (in the oven), cauliflower and broccoli.
DH was sooo excited when he got home and saw that I had made a new recipe...and that it was meatloaf (one of his faves). It was so easy...and turned out amazing. I will definitely be making it again. There's a picture of it - forgot to take a pic before I started eating...oh well...still super yum!

I am so proud of DH...he is sticking to his plan so well. He started out at 256 and this morning he was 249.7 We were both so excited for his progress. I can really tell in his face...I told him that he has lost the 6.3lbs from his face. LOL So very proud of him!!!! But at the same time...am curious as to why I am only at 2.6lbs lost. I know...it's because he's a man...and men can just think about it and lose weight, as my friend Cheryl warned me. She told me not to compare myself to him and his progress, but it's so flippin hard. We are doing the exact same thing...just frustrating. Especially 'cause I want to get to goal so badly this summer. From this point (At WW 159.5)...I have 13.5lbs to go. 4.5 which I had already lost but gained back...so from here on out...it's healthy eating and I WILL get to goal in the near future!!!!

UPDATED: Just looking at my weight loss chart: On April 27th - I weighed in at 165.8 - officially having gained 10lbs of which was lost. So in 8 weeks, I have lost 6.3lbs by not really following the program to the fullest. So if I really follow it, I should be able to lose another 6lbs or more in the next 8 weeks. I am coming up to my 3rd year with WW at the end of August - crossing my fingers I'm at goal by then.

So on that note, I am off to bed early...day nine is over...3 more days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment